Over 800 attendees including 220+ LPs gather annually in Hong Kong to discuss and evaluate Asian funds. This is the quality Asian private equity conference in terms of attendee make-up and programme content and format
With 47% of attendees GP and 35% LP in 2012, SuperReturn Asia provides a quality attendee breakdown for optimum networking. With a programme full of over 50 LP speakers and only the top 75 GPs in the region discussing and debating the topics you told us you wanted to hear, SuperReturn Asia provides high calibre conference sessions
Meet a record number of 220+ of the most powerful local and international LPs & 400 senior representatives of private equity & venture capital firms from across Asia & the world.
This event has a ratio of 1.3 GP to 1 LP, there is no other event where you will have such an unmissable networking ratio.We have an unsurpassed LP speaker line-up already confirmed for the 2013 event, just some of the LP speakers:
• Jim Leech, President & CEO, ONTARIO TEACHERS’ PENSION PLAN
• Mark Machin, President, CPPIB ASIA
• Jane Rowe, Senior Vice President, TEACHERS’ PRIVATE CAPITAL
• Ed Wang, CIO, Alternative Investments, MFC FOUNDATION
• Ed Grefenstette, CIO, THE DIETRICH CHARITABLE TRUSTS
• Yoshi Kiguchi, CIO, OKAYAMA METAL AND MACHINERY PENSION FUND
• Art Wang, MD, Private Markets, CITY & COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM
• Katja Salovaara, Senior Portfolio Manager, Private Equity, ILMARINEN MUTUAL PENSION INSURANCE COMPANY
• Brooke Jones, Associate Director, CARNEGIE CORPORATION OF NEW YORK
Hear from 160+ speakers including 50+ LP speakers and only the very best GPs
Just some of the top GPs confirmed to speak include:
• Chris Freund, Managing Partner, MEKONG CAPITAL
• Kok Yew Tang, Chairman, AFFINITY EQUITY PARTNERS
• Yichen Zhang, CEO, CITIC CAPITAL
• Marcus Thompson, CEO, HEADLAND CAPITAL PARTNERS
• Nicholas Bloy, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, NAVIS CAPITAL PARTNERS
• Richard Ong, Managing Partner, RRJ
• Tom Lembong, Managing Partner, QUVAT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
• Kay Mock, Founding Partner, SARATOGA CAPITAL
• Renuka Ramnath, Founder, MD & CEO, MULTIPLES ALTERNATE ASSET MANAGEMENT
• Richard Folsom, Partner, ADVANTAGE PARTNERS
• Roman Shaw, Founding Partner, DT CAPITAL PARTNERS
• Jean Eric Salata, Founding Partner & CEO, BARING PRIVATE EQUITY ASIA
• Peter Amour, CEO, AIF CAPITAL
• Gary Petersen, Partner, ENCAP INVESTMENTS
NEW! Featured session: War Stories From The Trenches Glean insights from those who have seen it all before and what their learning experiences are
Top Asian Managers Share Their Experiences & Lessons Learnt In Deal Sourcing, Portfolio Company Management & Exits
Moderator: Rebecca Xu, Co-Founder & Managing Director, ASIA ALTERNATIVES MANAGEMENT
Ajay Relan, Managing Partner, CX PARTNERS
Richard Ong, Founder & Co-CEO, RRJ CAPITAL
John Ehara, Partner, UNISON CAPITAL
Sanggyun Ahn, Managing Partner, ANCHOR EQUITY PARTNERS
Meet the people you need to meet: New Interactive Formats & Features enabling the very best quality networking
Ensuring you get the very best out of the conference programme. These include:
Rapid Response Panel, LP Discussion Roundtables, Interactive Champagne Roundtable Discussion Sessions, LP Knowledge & Network Exchange, Delegate QuickFire Showcase, The Big Debate, Rising Fund Stars Showcase and many more...see Networking for more details
Special Buyout Focus on 19th September - Don't miss this powerful GP panel with TPG, Carlyle, KKR and Affinity
Sebastiaan van den Berg, HarbourVest will moderate this powerful panel of GPs and focus on buyout funds' strategy in Asia. Don't miss this insightful session on 19th September:
How Are Buyout Firms Adapting Their Strategies The Challenges In The Asian Markets?
Moderator: Sebastiaan van den Berg, Managing Director, HARBOURVEST PARTNERS (ASIA)
Stephen Peel, Managing Partner, TPG
X.D Yang, Managing Director, CARLYLE GROUP
KY Tang, Chairman & Managing Partner, AFFINITY EQUITY PARTNERS
Ming Lu, Partner, KKR
NEW! The SuperReturn Asia 2013 Big Debate: Mid vs Mega. One of the most popular and entertaining sessions of the event
Hear the speakers battle it out over the best way to approach Asian private equity.
This House Believes That Buyouts Of Large Asian Companies (The Mega Market) Will Deliver Better Returns Than Buyouts Of Small And Mid-Sized Asian Companies (The Mid-Market)
All the most important topics and issues across Asia covered in less than one week!
We have spent months researching with the industry to develop the conference programme and include the topics and speakers you told us you want at the event. Just some of the hottest topics include:
- How Do Current Returns In Asia Compare To ROW And What Does This Mean For Future Allocations & Return Expectations?
- How Will The Global Macro Economic Outlook Impact Asset Allocation & Investment Decisions In Private Equity & Venture Capital
- How Asian LPs View Private Equity & Venture Capital Globally – Where Do They See Risks, Returns & Future Allocations?
- Where Are Chinese Exits & Returns Going To Come From? When & How Will LPs See Liquidity?
- GP Strategy & Returns: What Do The Numbers Say? What Is The Most Successful Model For Private Equity & Venture Capital In Asia? Who Will Survive In The Longer Term?
Be inspired by fascinating guest speakers to provide insights from outside the industry
Benedict Allen is an explorer with a difference. He immerses himself with indigenous people to learn from them and does this alone with no camera crew or back-up. He will share his learning of how to adapt to unfamiliar circumstances and live to tell the tale.
Peter Goodson is a pioneer in the private equity discipline as an early stage partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, one of the first management buyout firms. He is currently a Fellow at the Tuck Center of Private Equity and Entrepreneurialism and a Professor at University of California, Berkeley Haas Business School. His current research focuses on how private equity can create real operational value and how LPs can do true due diligence. Don’t miss his keynote speech detailing his latest findings.
Taimur Baig will open the Annual summits on 16th September with his economic outlook on South East Asia. He is the Chief Economist for ASEAN and India at Deutsche Bank and was rated #1 for the Asia Economics team in the 2012 Institutional Investor industry polls. Don’t miss this interesting keynote which will provide you with insights into opportunities in the current hottest markets in Asia.
Plus - start networking and plan ahead: View The Entire Attendee List & Set Up Meetings 2 Weeks Before The Event With The SuperReturn App
Two weeks before the conference, all paid delegates and speakers are able to view the delegate list, book meetings and send messages to the other attendees via the SuperReturn app or online networking platform. At the event, people can download the app to their smartphone, android, blackberry or iPad, and continue to network.